Thursday, September 9, 2010

A lifetime of memories

Yesterday, I got to hang out with one of my oldest and dearest friends. Anna and I met the summer before I began 2nd grade. My family had just moved into the neighborhood, and I noticed that she and her sister were out in their front yard playing. My mom could tell that I was really wanting to meet them, so she suggested that I take our dog, Duke, for a walk around the block. Luckily they loved my dog, which opened the door to a lifetime of friendship :)
We have since celebrated many a birthday together, have played hours upon hours of Barbies together, have seen a few boyfriends come and go together, have been 2 of the most loyal Duran Duran fans, have survived high school and college together, stood up as each others maid of honor in our weddings, have been with each other through the death of a parent, buried a childhood friend together, been at the hospital with each other through the birth of 5 children ( I even cut the cord at the birth of her 3rd daughter), and continue to share life together.
Unfortunately, these days, life is a little crazy, so we don't get to hang out as much as we would like too....but today, we were able to spend the day together, and it was so much fun! We had the kids ,that were'nt in school, with us, so we went to lunch and spent the day talking while the girls played. The girls were so cute, and it is so fun to see them playing, likewe used to do "back in the day" Thanks for a wonderful day Anna and Gabriella! What a blessing to have friends like you! Love ya!




1 comment:

  1. So fun! That last pic of Lainey MELTS. MY. HEART. She is such a sweet and happy girl!

    ReplyDelete