Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Baby Shower!!!

This past weekend I hosted a baby shower for my sweet friend Mary! I met Mary about 11 years ago, when she was just a "youngin" in our Youth Group! Since that time we have always had such a special relationship. Not only was she in our Youth Group at church, but she also lived in the dorm, as a college student, during the time my husband and I served as "dorm parents"! We also had the honor and priveledge of standing up with her and Steve in their wedding! She was one of the first to know when I found out I was pregnant with Palmer, and I was 7 months preggo with Lainey Hope in her wedding! God has blessed us with such special memories, and I am so thankful that He is allowing us to add this special time to our book of memories!

Me and Mary

Mary and Annie

Annie was Mary's college roomate, and another special gal that lived in the dorm while we were dorm parents at Rochester College.

The yummies!

This was the first time I have done cupcakes at a shower. I usually do cakes for special occassions, but decided to venture out this time. We have THE BEST bakery in our town...seriously, it is simply delightful...and they did not disappoint :)

Baby bottles filled with none other than sweet tea!

I may live in the north, but I am a southern girl at heart :)

I cut these out on my cricut machine, that I use for scrapbooking. The little prints are also from the cricut. You can replace the blade with a marker, and "wala", you have an entirely different look! I would have loved to do monograms, but Mary and Steve are waiting until their little bundle arrives to name him!

Love Hydrangeas!

Just added coffee beans to a Mason Jar, and stuck the hydrangeas in.



Sweet Mary -

It was such an honor to share such a joyful occassion with you! You are going to be a wonderful Mommy, and I know you and Steve will do your best to raise a little boy who will loves Jesus with all of his heart! My prayers and love are always with you my sweet friend.

I can't wait to meet your sweet little bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment