Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas

Well, it's the most wonderful time of the year again!
I love Christmas!!! My favorite part are all the days leading up to Christmas Day.
I love listening to Christmas music, burning Christmas candles, watching Christmas movies with my kids, making cookies etc.
Growing up, my mom always loved Christmas, and she passed that love on to myself, and my two brothers. All three of us absolutely love this time of year! Our tradition has been to decorate our tree the evening of Thanksgiving Day. This year some of my family was coming to our house for Turkey Day, and so we decorated beforehand. Also, Thanksgiving night we were all going over to my brothers house, who lives in the same neighborhood as me, to celebrate his second daughters first birthday!!
Each ornament on our christmas tree has a special meaning.
Growing up my mom always bought each of us an ornament that in some way reflected/represented our year. One year she made me a Duran Duran ornament - ha!
I still love going to her house and unwrapping all the ornaments to hang on her tree. Each ornament tells a story :).
I have carried on this tradition with my kids. This year, P's ornament was a football, b/c this was his first year to play "organized" football. LH got a new Cinderella ornament, b/c she was able to go to Disney for the first time this year, and meet the princesses. I also got her a cupcake ornament, b/c this girl LOVES HER SOME CAKE!!!
My favorite ornaments are our Disney ones, because our family LOVES Disney!
I will have to do an ornament post sometime.
I got Randy an ornament this year that absolutely cracks me up, but it will have to remain a secret for now, because I am sending one to his brother and sister as well.

I couldn't get a good picture of our mantle for some reason, so this will have to do.
My WONDERFUL and TALENTED neighbor comes to my house, and helps me, actually she just does the bows for my tree/mantle etc. She also assembles my table arrangements! Is that not the sweetest thing? If anyone ever needs a decorator, and you live in the area, let me know, she is AWESOME!

This is the corner of my mantle.


Beautiful bow arrangement...tied up w/ love by my neighbor, Deanna.
I love anything animal print, so I was so excited to find these ribbon selections this year.
Zebra and Leopard!!!
Love that picture in the frame? HA!

The display on top of our tv armoire.

Pic of the dining room

Close-up of the arrangement on my dining room table.

Arrangement on my kitchen table.


Just a little something in the downstairs bathroom.

Entry way

Last, but not least, one of my favorite decorations of all....SWEETEST. THING. EVER.
Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!!















1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!! I want to snuggle up in your family room with hot cocoa under your tree :)

    ReplyDelete