Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's

I have a dear friend, Pina, and I'm quite sure we were seperated at birth! Pina came to Treeside, to join our team of clinicians, a couple years ago, and we became fast friends! It was so funny, because the first day she joined us for staff meeting...it was like a scene out of the Parent Trap, where the twins noticed their shocking resemblence :-)! Since that day, we have been known to show up in/have similar outfits, we both love decorating, we share the same profession, and we both have a slight obsession with the likes of Jackie O, as well as Audrey! We could spend hours (and have) discussing any one of those topics! The past several years, our "Treeside" clan, has tried to celebrate Birthdays together, so...it only seemed fitting to go with a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" theme for Pina's special day!

I normally like to order from my local bakery (Sweet & Savory...so yummy), but they were out of town, so I was left to my own creativity...YIKES! I decided to try to make cupcakes that resembled the "Tiffany blue" color. I just went online and googled "Tiffany Blue Frosting". I used regular white frosting and added 4 drops blue food coloring mixed with 2 drops green food coloring. I ended up adding a few drops until I felt like I had an exact match.

I just used decorations I found around the house to set the table. I had a couple of Tiffany boxes, and then I borrowed some from my mom and grandmother, and that is what I used on the table. I purchased a couple yards of pearl-type beads from Jo-Anns, and...WALA! It was nothing extravagant, but we had a fun time.



Some of the lovely "Treeside Gals"

(Pina, Nancy, Renee, Mariahn, Laurie)

My favorite part of the party was when we all sang "Moon River" together! I thought I had the song on CD, but at the last minute I couldn't find it, so we had to improvise. I'm so glad we did! :-)
















No comments:

Post a Comment